Pages

October 26, 2013

Children's Sermon - Directions for our Lives

Good Morning Boys and Girls!


Have you ever had to go somewhere but you didn’t know how to get there? Welcome to my life! I don’t know if you know this, but I can’t find my way down the street. I get lost so easy! I could drive and drive and drive and I always wind up going around in circles. Has that ever happened to you? It’s so frustrating. You know what happens when I get lost? Sometimes I stop at a gas station to ask for directions, then a little down the road I’ll stop again at another gas station. I do this until I recognize where I am. Sometimes, people give me the wrong directions. Then I get more lost. It makes for a long and scary ride.

What do you think I should use to help me find my way? (Listen for responses)

A map or GPS sure would be handy when I’m driving. Sometimes in life we keep going and going and we don’t know what to do are where to turn. Things sometimes get scary, or hard and we can feel alone. Kind of like being lost right? Well God gave us some very special directions to help us during those times. They can be found in the Bible. This is the Bible that my mom gave my dad for his first Father’s Day! (Show my Bible)

See boys and girls when we don’t know where to turn for directions we just need to read our Bibles. It has all kinds of directions to help us find our way to Jesus. When we are sad we can read John 14 that says “Do not let your heats be troubled “,or Psalm 23 when you are scared. It says “I fear no evil because you are with me”.


Can we pray?

Dear Lord, Thank you for thinking about our needs before we were born. Thank you for giving us directions in the Bible to keep us on the right path. In your loving name we pray Amen

0 comments:

Post a Comment