Pages

October 25, 2013

Bulletin Board - Fall

Fall Bulletin Board

Oh bulletin boards. I just love how they look, but I really don't like doing them.  I have quite a few to do and there is one ginormous one in our Fellowship Hall.  I took a different approach to that one.  I decided to section it in half. The bottom half would have "photo albums" and would advertise our programs and events.  This wouldn't change much other than updating the information and photos.  The top half will change quarterly. 
I'm not sure if you could tell how large this board is , but I'm 5'7 and have to reach to touch the top of the "books" 
One of our volunteers made the books out of poster board. She cut out the squares and laminated them. We tape the pictures to the squares and they can be removed easily without ruining the book.  We take the whole book down during VBS time.  That will be another blog post. 
I blew up our Bible verse onto two 11x17 sheets of paper and cut clouds out of poster board.

 The tree was made by taking big sheets of bulletin board paper and twisting it tightly.  We twisted 6 strips.  Then we tied the strips together with fishing line. Hanging it was a bit of a challenge.  When I was at the top of the ladder trying not to fall, the strips started slipping out of the string.  I had to lean against the trunk and staple a few of the branches. I also bent some so the leaned forward.  Once the tree was stable I staples the roots in place.  We had die cuts of leaves and apples.  I needed to fill in all the empty space that was left. I think it worked out great!  I got the graphics for the scarecrow at DJ Inkers.  They have great clipart and it is very inexpensive.  These are high resolution so you can blow up the images and not loose the quality. 

Here is one of  our information boards leading to the Sunday School Rooms. We customize each board to the grades that are on that particular floor.  This is for our 2nd-5th graders.
 
We have one board in the hall for our younger students.  I decorate this one quarterly also.

I used scrapbook paper and a Fiskars stencil for everything.  I laminated all the pieces so hopefully I can recycle this board in the future. 
HAPPY FALL!

0 comments:

Post a Comment